Lemon and lime juice team with mustard for a chicken coated with plenty of pizzazz. A mildly spiced herb-bread coating seals in the juicy flavors.
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 6 thigh, bone removeds chicken thighs
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon - sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine lemon and lime juices with the prepared mustard. Brush over chicken. Set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper, curry powder, oregano, and grated lemon peel. Roll chicken in crumb mix, coating well.
- In a heavy baking pan or iron skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Place chicken in pan, skin side down.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and bake until tender, about 30 more minutes. Serve on a warm platter with sliced lemons and chopped parsley, if desired.