Prepared with a freezer-friendly savory filling that uses up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas, these baked turkey enchilada pot pies are perfect for feeding a crowd.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (such as RO*TEL®)
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9-inch pie pans.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add turkey, corn, beans, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, chili powder, cumin, and salt; cook and stir until well blended and warm, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place a pie crust in the bottom of each prepared pie pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of remaining Cheddar cheese into each. Gently add filling and spread evenly. Top each with a remaining pie crust, and fold and pinch around the edges to seal. Cut a few slits into the top crusts to release steam when baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes. Cover the edges with aluminum foil if they begin to brown too much.