Roasted butternut squash and leek are mixed with pork sage sausage in this quick and easy recipe with a good blend of seasonal flavors.
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- ½ leek, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ (16 ounce) package pork sage sausage (such as Jimmy Dean®)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash and leek in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil on top; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until butternut squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Broil on high until evenly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook and stir sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir into butternut squash and leek mixture.