This makes a whopping salad, but once you start eating it, you'll wish you'd made more. Lots of crunchy and delicious ingredients like water chestnuts, peas, chopped tomato, and crumbled bacon are topped with a homemade dressing.
- 4 large eggs eggs
- 1 head lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ pound bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and completely cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 12 minutes. Remove eggs and chill.
- In a 9x13 inch dish, layer the lettuce, onion, water chestnuts and peas.
- In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, sugar, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Mix until smooth. Spread over the top evenly over the top of the peas. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Peel and chop hard-cooked eggs.
- Remove salad from refrigerator and top with the bacon, eggs and tomato. Serve.