Get your share of vegetables in this quick and easy dish of kohlrabi, kale, mushrooms, and cannellini beans.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 kohlrabi - peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add kale to the pan and toss.
- Pour in broth and reduce heat to medium. Add kohlrabi, cover, and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add beans and mushrooms to the pan. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until excess liquid has evaporated and mushrooms are tender, 5 to 7 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.