Cooking low and slow makes a delicious pulled pork, and this recipe is cooked in the slow cooker with a low-carb barbecue sauce which keeps it keto-friendly.
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- ½ cup keto barbecue sauce
- Combine smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, chile powder, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture all over the surface of the pork shoulder.
- Place seasoned pork in a slow cooker. Add broth and liquid smoke.
- Cover and cook on Low until pork is cooked through, 7 to 8 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred.
- Pour liquid from the slow cooker in a 2-quart saucepan, add barbecue sauce, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat. Cook until liquid has reduced to about 1/2 cup, 7 to 8 minutes. Pour over shredded pork and mix to combine.