Fresh zucchini are sliced and coated with seasoned crumbs, then fried in olive oil, topped with melted mozzarella cheese, and served with spaghetti sauce.
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 large eggs eggs
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup prepared spaghetti sauce, heated
- Mix together the seasoned bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt in a shallow bowl. Beat the eggs in a second shallow bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until the oil is rippling, but not smoking.
- Dip the zucchini slices into the beaten egg, then into the crumbs, and place in the skillet in a single layer. Fry the zucchini slices until golden brown, about 3 minutes, then flip them over and fry until the slices are cooked through and golden brown on the other side. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the slices, and cook the slices 1 to 2 more minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- To serve, spoon hot spaghetti sauce onto plates, and top with fried zucchini slices and melted cheese.