Next time you run out of chocolate chips, use this recipe to create deliciously chocolaty mini pancakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (such as Hershey's®)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour milk, egg, and oil into the well and mix until moistened.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. When a few droplets of water bounce on the surface of the griddle, it is ready. Spoon batter onto the hot griddle by the tablespoon for mini pancakes. Cook until bubbles form and edges are dry, 1 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook until browned, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.