Eliminating the crust saves time on these delightfully quick mini cheesecakes glazed with a sweet sour cream layer and a dollop of fruit preserves.
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) jar strawberry jam, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line 36 mini muffin cups with paper liners. Coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Beat cream cheese using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until soft and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Spoon batter into tins, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 30 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl; stir well. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon of mixture onto each cupcake. Top each with a small dollop of jam. Refrigerate until ready to serve.