This is a very custardy bread pudding. Very ONO-licious!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1 pound) loaf sliced white bread, toasted
- 12 large eggs eggs
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter each slice of bread on both sides. Tear buttered bread into little pieces, and put into a very large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs with vanilla, and then pour over bread. Stir in half-and-half and sugar. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool. Serve hot or cold.