Sweet meets spicy in this deliciously simple pasta dish where pineapple and coconut team up with jerk seasoning, cinnamon and other spices to bring excitement to pasta and chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eaches skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits with juice
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces dry fettuccini noodles
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken until no longer pink and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and its juice, coconut, brown sugar, jerk seasoning, cinnamon, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain. Toss chicken mixture with drained pasta.