Fifteen minutes in the morning are all you need devote to enjoy a delicious Cuban-style chicken stew in the evening. This dish combines chicken legs, potatoes, onions, garlic, and green peppers with tomato sauce, white wine, cumin, and sage.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 small whole peeled potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 leaf fresh sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds chicken leg quarters
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, bell pepper, and potatoes. Stir in tomato sauce and wine; season with cumin, sage leaf, and salt and pepper. Place chicken legs in slow cooker, and pour mixture over chicken. Cover, and cook on Low heat until juices run clear, about 6 to 8 hours.