If you love pho, try this inspired, easier version using packaged broth and udon noodles plus lots of crunchy, fresh toppings for a weeknight meal.
- 2 (32 fluid ounce) containers beef broth
- 2 (10 ounce) packages udon noodles
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup matchstick-cut sliced carrots
- ½ cup matchstick-cut sliced celery
- ½ cup matchstick-cut seeded cucumber
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- ½ cup pea pods
- 2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha), or to taste
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce, or to taste
- Heat broth in a saucepan over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook udon noodles in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender yet firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
- Pour broth equally into 4 serving bowls and add noodles. Top each bowl with cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, celery, cucumber, jalapeno, pea pods, chile-garlic sauce, and hoisin.