Ground beef, chili beans and kidney beans are the bulk of this spicy tomato based chili spiced with cumin and coriander.
- 2 ½ pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 ½ cups dark beer
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until brown. Drain.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook celery, onions and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in beef, tomato sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, beer, chili beans, kidney beans, cumin, chili powder, coriander, cayenne and Worcestershire. Simmer over low heat 3 hours, until flavors are well blended.