This cake is made right in the pan. No extra dishes to mess up and very good. A favorite at reunions, parties, etc.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long)s bananas, peeled and diced
- 3 large eggs eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix together sugar, vegetable oil, pecans, flour, and bananas in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Stir in the eggs, pineapple (with juice), vanilla, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Do not mash the bananas.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 60 minutes or until cake tests done.