Enjoy the flavors of a jalapeno popper for brunch with this frittata that's easily whipped up and baked using just one skillet.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- ⅓ pound shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) jar diced jalapeno peppers with juice
- ½ (8 ounce) package cold cream cheese, cubed
- 7 large eggs
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a cast iron skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels and chop.
- Sprinkle chopped bacon evenly into the cast iron skillet. Top evenly with Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers. Drop cream cheese cubes evenly over peppers.
- Whip eggs in a bowl until slightly thickened. Add heavy cream, pesto, 5 tablespoons reserved jalapeno liquid, salt, and black pepper; beat until well mixed. Pour over ingredients in the skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and eggs are set, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.