These stuffed lasagna noodles really hit the spot. Garnish with chopped parsley or sliced green onions. Serve with a tossed salad, warm garlic bread, and a white zinfandel for a superb meal. You can use fresh, frozen or canned peas for this recipe.
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse, drain, set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan. Add mushrooms, onions, carrots, peas, and broccoli; saute over medium heat until tender. Add wine and garlic; cook five minutes, or until wine has just about evaporated. Remove from heat, and cool for ten minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine sauteed vegetable mixture, mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and egg. Mix well.
- Pour half of the sauce into the bottom of a 13x9x2inch baking pan. Spread 1/3 cup vegetable mixture over each lasagna noodle then carefully roll up the noodle. Place seam side down in dish. When finished placing all the noodles in the pan, pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over noodles. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes. Uncover, and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over noodles. Bake, uncovered, 5 more minutes. Garnish and serve immediately.