This is better than the commercial Irish Cream liqueurs and is very popular with family and friends. Will store for several weeks in fridge, just serve over ice.
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Irish whiskey
- 8 ¾ ounces milk chocolate
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Pour a small amount of whiskey into a large bowl. In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth. Mix the melted chocolate with the whiskey in the bowl. Gradually stir in the sweetened condensed milk and the evaporated milk. Stir in the cream, instant coffee granules, and the remaining whiskey.
- Pour mixture into 3 (750 ml) bottles, seal and store in refrigerator. Best if kept at least 1 month before using. To serve: shake bottle well, serve in small glasses over crushed ice.