Your frozen ground venison needs no defrosting when you use this easy recipe for venison and vegetable soup in your Instant Pot(R).
- 1 ½ pounds frozen ground venison
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen green beans
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place frozen venison and water into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 5 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for exactly 1 minute. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Break up any large chunks of meat, drain in a colander, and return to the pot. Add crushed tomatoes, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Close and lock the lid and select high pressure again; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for exactly 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir in frozen corn, peas, and green beans. Put the lid back on for 4 minutes until frozen vegetables have cooked.
- Ladle into bowls and season with salt and pepper.