Turn frozen tuna steak into flaky tuna puttanesca with the help of your Instant Pot(R) and some basic pantry ingredients.
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ (24 ounce) jar traditional spaghetti sauce (such as Barilla®)
- ½ cup fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 (6 ounce) frozen tuna steak
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- ½ teaspoon herbes de Provence
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil in the pot. Add onion and garlic; saute until softened and fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Add spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, and broth; stir to combine. Nestle tuna steak into the middle of the sauce. Cancel Saute function. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 12 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Flake tuna apart with a fork. Add olives, capers, anchovy paste, herbes de Provence, and cayenne. Stir to combine and serve over hot cooked spaghetti.