This is a trendier, bistro-type sweet potato casserole cooked in the Instant Pot(R) for maximum convenience.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup butter (Optional)
- ⅓ cup raspberry-chipotle sauce (such as Robert Rothschild Farm®)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoons butter (Optional)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (Optional)
- Place the steam rack inside a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add water to the pot. Place sweet potatoes onto the rack. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure function and set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Remove sweet potatoes and steam rack. Drain water and return sweet potatoes to the pot.
- Add butter, raspberry-chipotle sauce, cream, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the pot with the sweet potatoes. Mash using a potato masher or stick blender.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add pecans, chipotle powder, and cinnamon. Cook, stirring frequently, about 1 1/2 minutes. Serve on top of sweet potatoes.