This Instant Pot(R) recipe features sea bass topped with an Asian-inspired sauce of soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil.
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 pound) whole sea bass, cleaned and scaled
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger puree
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Pour water into the pot of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and place a steamer basket inside. Place sea bass in the steamer basket. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, green onions, sesame oil, ginger puree, and garlic together in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat and keep warm until fish is ready.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minute.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter. Pour sauce over the fish and serve.