This savory seafood soup made in the Instant Pot(R) with calamari rings, squid pieces, shrimp, bell peppers, and brown rice is the perfect hearty meal for winter.
- 4 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 pound calamari rings and squid parts
- 1 pound extra-large shrimp - peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts in water
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- ⅔ cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 4 fat garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (Optional)
- Combine water, tomatoes, calamari, shrimp, artichoke hearts, zucchini, bell peppers, onion, brown rice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, bouillon, salt, paprika, ginger, and black pepper in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in cilantro before serving.