Sausage and peppers made in the Instant Pot(R) are the ultimate comfort food. Serve on a bun at a tailgating party or with rice or polenta for a hearty fall meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (20 ounce) package turkey Italian sausage links
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Once pot is hot, add oil, green and red bell peppers, and onion. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Lightly prick sausage casings with a fork and add to pot. Brown sausages on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. Close and lock the lid.
- Turn off Saute function and select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Cut sausages on the diagonal into small pieces. Serve immediately.