Vegetable broth, sauteed mushrooms, and parsley make for a tasty, vegan-approved rice and orzo dish cooked in an Instant Pot(R).
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- ¾ cup basmati rice, well rinsed
- ¼ cup orzo
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ½ (10 ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add 2 tablespoons oil, rice, and orzo. Saute, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot constantly, until orzo is brown, about 5 minutes. Pour in 1/4 cup broth and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom.
- Turn cooker off and add remaining broth, garlic, paprika, and onion powder. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 7 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and saute until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 5 minutes. Carefully release remaining pressure using quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Fluff the rice. Add mushrooms and parsley. Taste and adjust salt as needed.