Oxtail broth, a key ingredient to many Asian soups, is made quickly in the Instant Pot(R), with all the key basic elements expected in a hearty broth.
- 2 pounds oxtail
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 7 cups water
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place oxtail pieces on a baking sheet and roast under the preheated broiler until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Place oxtail in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Sprinkle green onions, garlic cloves, and ground ginger on top of the oxtail and cover with water. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions and set timer for 60 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Let broth cool completely. Strain broth into a container, removing and discarding oxtail pieces, green onions, and garlic.