Chicken breasts simmer over a bed of root vegetables in this nutrient-dense Instant Pot(R) soup infused with fresh herbs, cinnamon, and cloves.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 cups chicken broth, or more to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, or more to taste
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, or more to taste
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place sweet potatoes, carrots, turnip, and onion in an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Top with chicken breasts. Pour broth over the top; add cinnamon, rosemary, thyme, and cloves.
- Close and lock the lid. Select Soup function; set timer for 12 to 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, 10 to 40 minutes. Remove chicken breast, chop or shred, and return into the pot. Season with salt and pepper.