Starting with frozen O'Brien potatoes speeds up prep on this hearty potato soup made in the Instant Pot(R).
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) package frozen potatoes O'Brien with onions and peppers
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- Pour chicken broth into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add O'Brien potatoes. Dollop chicken soup over the potatoes. Place cream cheese on top of the chicken soup. Do not stir.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Use the quick-release method to release remaining pressure. Add Italian seasoning, garlic salt, and black pepper. Stir to incorporate.