Make this creamy and delicious Tomato soup in your Instant Pot(R) truly in an instant! This easy vegan tomato soup is the ideal comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans San Marzano whole tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Heat olive oil and add onion; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Combine tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, salt, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning in the pot. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid.
- Blend with an immersion blender until creamy.