The ultimate vegan cranberry orange chutney made easy in the Instant Pot(R)! This spiced chutney with ginger, cumin, and fennel would be a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¾ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 1 (1 inch) piece minced fresh ginger root
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Select Saute function and heat vegetable oil. Add cumin seeds and fennel seeds; cook until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add onion and ginger; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in cranberries, orange juice, vinegar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Close and lock the lid. Cook on high pressure function according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Select Saute function and stir in brown sugar and orange zest; cook until chutney has slightly thickened, about 7 minutes.