Apples are cored and filled with red-hot cinnamon candies, brown sugar, and butter, wrapped in foil, and baked in the campfire in this fun dessert recipe.
- 4 apples
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies, divided
- ¼ cup brown sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 12x12-inch squares aluminum foil
- Cut cores out of apples, leaving bottoms of apples intact. Cut off and save tops of cores. Use a spoon or sharp knife to clean flesh from the cored area of the apple, leaving hollows.
- Place 1 teaspoon cinnamon candies, 1 teaspoon butter, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar into the hollow of each apple. Place retained top of core into hollow of each apple. Wrap apples in aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped apples into the coals of a campfire and cook until apples are soft and filling has melted, about 15 minutes.