Hot sausage slices add spice to this hearty black bean soup flavored with onion and cumin and a unique addition, fresh orange juice!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 pound hot sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup orange juice, or to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin; cook for 1 minute. Add black beans, sausage, chicken broth, and orange juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until flavors combine, 15 to 20 minutes.