It's nice to know how to make a creamy homestyle hot chocolate from scratch, a delicious and comforting drink after outdoor activities in cold weather.
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half, divided
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 regulars large marshmallows
- Whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan; stir in boiling water. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring cocoa mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes; stir milk and 1/2 cup half-and-half into water mixture. Cook and stir just until hot, about 2 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in remaining half-and-half and vanilla extract.
- Divide cocoa into mugs, top with marshmallows, and serve.