Made with chunks of fresh strawberries instead of puree, this sweet homemade strawberry cake is easy and delicious.
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups finely chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat thoroughly.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to the sugar mixture with milk and combine to make a thick batter. Add strawberries and fold gently to combine. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and the top springs back when lightly pressed, 40 to 45 minutes.