This creamy rice pudding flavored with Earl Grey tea is studded with lots of dried fruit and dusted with cinnamon for a festive holiday dessert.
- 2 cups water
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup UNCLE BEN'S® ORIGINAL CONVERTED® Brand Rice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup natural (raw) sugar
- 2 teaspoons golden rum
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dried pineapple pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or cardamom for dusting
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Steep the tea bags until tea is strong, about 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rice; cook and stir until grains are coated and begin to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Stir in the tea water. Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and cook on low until most of liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in milk, sugar, rum, raisins, cranberries, and pineapple. Cover; return to stove and cook over low heat until mixture is thickened and silky, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dishes and dust with cinnamon or cardamom.