This punch bowl ice ring is perfect for the holidays as maraschino cherries, mint leaves, and gold kiwi add a festive touch and provide beautiful red, green, and gold coloring.
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and juice reserved, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, or as needed
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 gold kiwi, peeled and sliced
- ice cubes
- 1 ½ cups green grapes
- Clear a spot in your freezer that is level and measures at least 14x14-inches.
- Place maraschino cherries in a pleasing design around the bottom of a 10- to 12-inch gelatin mold. Arrange mint leaves around the cherries, right-sides down (facing out and touching the mold).
- Combine maraschino cherry juice in a bowl with 2 cups water; pour 1/2 inch into the mold on top of cherries and mint, reserve remaining liquid. Place mold in the freezer until partially frozen, about 1 hour.
- Remove mold from the freezer and arrange green and gold kiwis on top of cherries. Use ice cubes and grapes to hold kiwi slices in place. Top with remaining ice and grapes. Carefully fill the mold with remaining water-juice mixture, and add more water as necessary to fill to the top edge of the mold. Place in the freezer until frozen solid, about 24 hours.
- To unmold the ice ring, fill a bowl that is larger than the mold with 1 inch of hot water. Place the mold into the hot water until ice ring separates from the mold, about 1 minute. Transfer ice ring into your punch bowl and serve immediately.