Sprouted barley grains take the place of the traditional bulgur in this fresh and zesty tabbouleh salad that makes a quick and tasty lunch.
- 2 cups barley
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 bunch parsley, stemmed and chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons pink salt, or more to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place barley in a 1-quart glass jar. Cover with warm water. Let soak at room temperature until doubled in size, 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse barley; transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, salt, garlic, and black pepper into the barley.