Easily impress guests by combining corn on the cob and herbed butter in parchment-paper pouches for a flavorful vegetable side dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced celery
- ½ teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (such as Sriracha®), or more to taste (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing (Optional)
- 3 ears corn, cut into thirds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix butter, tomatoes, scallions, Italian seasoning, celery, chile-garlic sauce, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper together in a bowl, making sure all ingredients are well homogenized. Set aside in the freezer.
- Cut parchment paper into large squares, big enough to wrap 2 to 3 corn cob pieces. Place 1 tablespoon ranch dressing onto each of the paper squares, place cobs on top of dressing, and sprinkle lightly with additional salt to taste. Place a heaping tablespoon of the prepared herbed butter on top of each cob; seal each paper square well so it traps in steam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 25 minutes. Serve right away in the inflated pouches, cutting a hole in the middle to let fragrant steam escape and delight the eater.