Ground beef combines with cheddar cheese and fresh tomato slices. It is topped with a crust made from buttermilk baking mix.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until beef is brown. Drain off fat. Spread into prepared pie plate.
- Sprinkle meat with salt, black pepper, and oregano. Arrange tomato slices over meat, spread shredded cheese on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together baking mix, milk and eggs. Pour over cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.