This oven-baked casserole of spicy Italian sausage, broccoli rabe, and cannellini beans makes a hearty and comforting weeknight meal.
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sausage in an oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir until crumbled and browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to serving plate, reserving drippings in the pot. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir sausage, cannellini beans, mushrooms, and chicken broth into the pot. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Place all broccoli rabe on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven, covered, until broccoli rabe wilts, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven; stir well and season with salt and pepper. Continue baking until flavors combine, about 15 minutes more.