A hearty, classic beef chili filled with beans and spices simmers aromatically for an hour, ready for your favorite toppings.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups College Inn® Beef Broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Contadina® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- onion, chopped
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
- Cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add beef and salt and cook about 8 minutes until beef is no longer pink, breaking the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in beans, broth and tomatoes. Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the flavors meld, about 1 hour. Stir in vinegar. Serve with toppings, as desired.