A nutty, healthy blend of pecans, peanut butter, and rolled oats is dipped in dark chocolate to make these bite-size salted truffles.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cool, about 10 minutes.
- Combine toasted pecans, rolled oats, and peanut butter in a food processor or blender; blend, stopping to scrape down sides, until a thick "dough" forms.
- Microwave coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, 10 to 15 seconds. Stir in cocoa powder and maple syrup until smooth. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls with your hands. Dip balls one at a time in the chocolate mixture using a spoon or fork, covering all sides. Transfer to the baking sheet. Let truffles sit, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Refrigerate truffles until set, about 20 minutes.