Ham steak marinated in pineapple juice, mango, juice, and soy sauce is a Hawaiian-inspired method of preparing ham steak.
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup mango juice
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf, or more to taste
- 1 pinch seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch dried basil, or to taste
- 1 (1 pound) ham steak
- Combine vinegar, pineapple juice, soy sauce, onion, honey, mango juice, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, ginger, sugar, bay leaf, seasoned salt, and basil in a large pot; add ham steak. Cover pot and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove steak from marinade.
- Cook on the preheated grill until warmed, 5 to 10 minutes.