For a different spin on baked sweet potatoes, try this Hasselback sweet potato topped with a brown sugar and pecan streusel.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potato on a cutting board. Place a chopstick on either side. Cut the sweet potato into 1/8-inch-thick slices, making sure you don't cut all the way through. Transfer to a baking pan.
- Mix melted butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together. Spoon over the sweet potato.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Using your hands, make streusel by combining 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar, pecans, flour, butter, and salt. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and sprinkle streusel over the top. Place in the broiler until streusel starts to brown, 1 to 3 minutes.