Spiralized red potato piles are topped with sausage in these clever hash brown patties that are a simple but delicious breakfast side dish.
- 1 red potato
- 1 (4 ounce) link sausage (such as Johnsonville®)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, or to taste
- Cut red potato into spirals using a spiralizer. Dip into a bowl of cold water; rinse and transfer to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook potato spirals in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Blot with paper towels to remove any moisture.
- Remove sausage from its casing and shape into 2 balls; press into round discs.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 round piles of potato spirals. Season with salt and pepper. Top each pile with a sausage disc and press down firmly with a spatula to make thin patties. Cook until well browned, about 4 minutes per side. Garnish with chives.