Layer cooked pasta with a meaty tomato sauce and a tart and creamy cheese, onion and bell pepper mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pop it in the oven to bake up a hearty casserole for a hungry crowd! .
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot cook with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat cook ground beef and chopped onions until brown. Stir in tomato sauce, sugar, salt, garlic, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, softened cream cheese, green onion, and green bell pepper.
- To assemble, in a greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish spread half of the cooked and drained pasta. Top with half of the meat mixture. Cover with cheese mixture and remaining noodles and meat sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheat 350 degree F(175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.