Tasty ham and potato patties with green onion and Dijon mustard are rolled into panko bread crumbs and fried until golden brown. The delicious little cakes are a great way to use up post-holiday leftovers.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 ½ cups cold mashed potatoes
- 3 eaches green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs, divided
- ½ cup vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- Mix ham, mashed potatoes, green onions, egg, Dijon mustard, dill weed, salt, black pepper, and 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs together in a bowl until thoroughly combined. If mixture is too moist to hold together, mix in an additional 1/4 cup of crumbs.
- Place remaining panko crumbs into a shallow bowl.
- Scoop about 1/3 cup of the mixture and form into a ball; slightly flatten into a patty. Press both sides of patty into the panko crumbs; tap off any loose crumbs. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat until very hot; pan-fry 2 or 3 patties at a time in the hot oil until golden brown on each side, 3 to 4 minutes per side.