You can make these delicious sous vide egg bites with ham and cheese in advance for a homemade quick breakfast to go!
- 6 jam jars
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, or as needed
- 2 ounces black forest ham, diced
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup 10% cream
- ½ cup shredded medium Cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- Fill a stockpot with enough water to just cover the jars. Attach a sous vide immersion cooker to the side of the pot. Set temperature to 172 degrees F (77 degrees C).
- Generously oil the inside of each jar with coconut oil. Add ham and red pepper to the bottom of the jars.
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a bowl until well combined. Stir in Cheddar cheese, salt, and nutmeg. Divide egg mixture among the jars. Close jars with lids and metal bands; tighten using the tips of your fingers only. Do not over-tighten.
- Immerse in the water bath and cook for 1 hour. Carefully remove the jars, using tongs, to a heat-resistant surface. Let rest 10 minutes before opening the jars.