This delicious quiche is filled with cooked ham, broccoli, cheese, and fresh chives and can be served for breakfast, brunch, or dinner.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 1 ½ cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup diced cooked ham
- ½ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly flour the bottom of a 9-inch pie or quiche pan and fit crust into the pan, all the way up to the edge. Lightly prick the bottom and sides of the pastry, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan, place parchment on the pastry, and put pie weights or dried beans on top of the parchment.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack, remove the weights and the paper, and allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with ice and cold water. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook uncovered until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Break eggs into a large bowl and whisk until yolks and whites are combined. Add milk, salt, nutmeg, and pepper, whisking until well combined.
- Sprinkle broccoli, ham, Gruyere cheese, and chives evenly over the crust. Pour egg mixture over the filling.
- Set quiche on a baking sheet and place on the center rack of the oven. Bake until egg mixture is set, 45 to 50 minutes. Insert a knife in the center of the quiche to test for doneness; quiche is done when the knife comes out clean. Pace pan on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Serve warm.