This creepy Halloween punch with a floating frozen frozen hand can be made with or without alcohol and will delight your guests guaranteed.
- disposable glove
- 2 ½ cups water, divided
- 2 ½ (.25 ounce) packages gelatin powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 ounces fresh ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 quarts cranberry juice, chilled
- 2 quarts sparkling water, chilled
- 1 ¼ cups vodka, chilled (Optional)
- Wash and rinse the outside of a large disposable glove. Turn glove inside out.
- Pour 1/4 cup cold water into a large bowl and sprinkle gelatin powder on top; let stand for 1 minute.
- Bring remaining 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Pour over gelatin mixture, stirring constantly until granules are completely dissolved. Allow to cool slightly.
- Pour gelatin mixture into the glove using a funnel. Ensure that the liquid has completely filled all of the fingers. Use a rubber band to tie the top closed. Place on a plate or tray lined with parchment paper and freeze until solid, 1 to 2 days.
- Combine 1/2 water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon sticks, and cloves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Pass through a sieve to catch ginger pieces and spices. Let cool.
- Combine juice, sparkling water, and vodka in a large punch bowl. Stir in 1/2 of the ginger syrup. Add more syrup to reach desired flavor.
- Remove frozen hand from the freezer and dip briefly in warm water. Cut off the top of the glove. Peel away the glove carefully. Immerse the frozen hand in the punch before serving.